9 ways to skip the shallow small talk and have deep conversations
When you first meet someone at a conference or a cocktail party, you might seem a little strange if you launch right into, "What's your favorite childhood memory?"
That said, you don't want to get stuck talking about the fact that it's raining hard forever. At some point, you'll want to hear a person's real story - why they chose to go into their current line of work or what they love about being a dad.
Read on to find out what you should (and shouldn't) say to spark substantive dialogue.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP