15 fast-growing, high-paying jobs where you only need an associates degree
PAUL J. RICHARDS/AFP via Getty Images
- Student Loan Hero found 15 fast-growing, high-paying jobs you can get with just an associate's degree.
- Many of the fastest-growing jobs in the US don't require an increasingly expensive four-year degree.
- Jobs in medicine - including dental hygienists, MRI technologists, and licensed practical nurses - were high on the list.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
You don't necessarily need an Ivy League degree to land a high-paying job.As artificial intelligence gets smarter and more commonplace, a pricey STEM degree might not guarantee you a job. A recent Brookings report found white-collar jobs in science and finance were most at risk for getting replaced by AI (in addition to manufacturing jobs).Advertisement
Many of the fastest-growing jobs in the US don't require a bachelor's degree. As tuition prices and student loan debt continue to swell, considering a job that requires just two years of school might not be a bad idea.
Here are 15 relatively fast-growing, high-paying jobs that don't require an education beyond an associate's degree, according to Student Loan Hero. The ranking is based on 2018 median wage data and projections for the future number of job openings between 2018 and 2028 from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
15. Magnetic resonance imaging technologists earn a median wage of $71,670 per year.
14. Nuclear medicine technologists earn a median wage of $76,820 per year.Advertisement
13. Diagnostic medical sonographers earn a median wage of $72,510 per year.
12. First-line supervisors of fire fighting and prevention workers earn a median wage of $76,330 per year.Advertisement
11. Web developers earn a median wage of $69,430 per year.
10. Nuclear technicians earn a median wage of $79,140 per year.Advertisement
9. Funeral service managers earn a median wage of $79,180 per year.
8. Electrical and electronic repairers earn a median wage of $80,200 per year.Advertisement
7. Radiation therapists earn a median wage of $82,330 per year.
6. Licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses earn a median wage of $46,240 per year.Advertisement
5. Dental hygienists earn a median wage of $74,820 per year.
4. Medical assistants earn a median wage of $33,610 per year.Advertisement
3. Nursing assistants earn a median wage of $28,540 per year.
2. Heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers earn a median wage of $43,680 per year.Advertisement
1. Air traffic controllers earn a median wage of $124,540 per year.
- Mobile Premier League is the principal sponsor for KKR and TKR for IPL and CPL
- Berger Paints reports a 91% fall in its profit — weakest quarter in at least a decade
- RBI’s annual surplus to the government this year is only one-third of what it was last year
- Flipkart and Amazon claim they created ‘lakhpatis’ and ‘crorepatis’ out of their sellers with their sale events
- Heavy rain causes water logging in Jaipur