7 powerful ways that introverts can uniquely contribute to the workplace
Mayur Kakade/Getty Images
- Jane Finkle has 25 years of experience as a career coach for universities and has run her own career counseling firm since 2002.
- Introverts can sometimes feel overlooked in today's fast-paced workplace as they are less likely to speak up or want to stand out.
- However, their shy and reserved nature can make them a great asset in the workplace, especially to balance out extroverted coworkers.
- Introverts excel at staying focused, offering empathy, and being reflective and calm during tense situations.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
- 33% OFF
Spacewood Engineered Wood Winner Study Table (Natural Wenge Finish)₹ 7999₹ 11090Buy On
AmazonBasics High Back Executive Chair (Brown, Leather)₹ 9999₹ 18000Buy On
- 30% OFF
Nilkamal Leo Computer Trolley/Table (Black/Walnut)₹ 3250₹ 3500Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress 6 inch Queen Bed Size, Medium Soft & Hard (Orange, 72x60x6, Foam)₹ 7849₹ 14165Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Medusa Engineered Wood Wardrobe walnut finish ,3 Doors₹ 10999₹ 18000Buy On
If you are an introvert, you may question your ability to compete in our fast-paced culture. It's normal for self-doubt to creep in as you watch the more brash extroverts noisily flaunt their talents and thrive in an environment that rewards speaking up and taking action.
Courtesy of Jane Finkle
Introverts bring to the table a thoughtful presence and empower the workplace in a quieter way. Intense concentration, a highly perceptive thought process, and a readiness to observe rather than blow their own horn are some of their admirable traits. An introvert's focused, calm approach allows for deeper insights and the potential to generate productive solutions to organizational problems. And their innate curiosity often prompts introverts to ask insightful questions that can impact important business decisions.
These seven prized qualities can give introverts a competitive edge in today's head spinning, unstable workplace where building relationships, developing innovation, and providing effective problem solving are all in high demand.
2. Ability to listen
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best last day deals on mobile phones, laptops and more electronics
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Instagram launches subscriptions to help creators monetise their content
- Sensex falls over 160 points in early trade, Nifty slips below 17,900 — Infosys, Asian Paints, HCL Tech, Reliance Industries, Wipro, HDFC and TCS
- Matt Damon-endorsed Crypto.com confirms 400 accounts hacked and funds stolen
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022