7 powerful ways that introverts can uniquely contribute to the workplace
Mayur Kakade/Getty Images
- Jane Finkle has 25 years of experience as a career coach for universities and has run her own career counseling firm since 2002.
- Introverts can sometimes feel overlooked in today's fast-paced workplace as they are less likely to speak up or want to stand out.
- However, their shy and reserved nature can make them a great asset in the workplace, especially to balance out extroverted coworkers.
- Introverts excel at staying focused, offering empathy, and being reflective and calm during tense situations.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you are an introvert, you may question your ability to compete in our fast-paced culture. It's normal for self-doubt to creep in as you watch the more brash extroverts noisily flaunt their talents and thrive in an environment that rewards speaking up and taking action.
Courtesy of Jane Finkle
Introverts bring to the table a thoughtful presence and empower the workplace in a quieter way. Intense concentration, a highly perceptive thought process, and a readiness to observe rather than blow their own horn are some of their admirable traits. An introvert's focused, calm approach allows for deeper insights and the potential to generate productive solutions to organizational problems. And their innate curiosity often prompts introverts to ask insightful questions that can impact important business decisions.
These seven prized qualities can give introverts a competitive edge in today's head spinning, unstable workplace where building relationships, developing innovation, and providing effective problem solving are all in high demand.
2. Ability to listen
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Earth is losing thousands of species each year, reveals research
- Nano-satellites built by startups augurs well for private sector's future endeavours: IN-SPACe
- Musk reveals Twitter 2.0, says top software aces joining company
- Risk management must be driven by understanding of what is good for corporate: Ex-chairman Sebi
- Government invites suggestions for union budget 2023-24
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World