7 powerful ways that introverts can uniquely contribute to the workplace
Mayur Kakade/Getty Images
Introverts can be a great asset at work.
- Jane Finkle has 25 years of experience as a career coach for universities and has run her own career counseling firm since 2002.
- Introverts can sometimes feel overlooked in today's fast-paced workplace as they are less likely to speak up or want to stand out.
- However, their shy and reserved nature can make them a great asset in the workplace, especially to balance out extroverted coworkers.
- Introverts excel at staying focused, offering empathy, and being reflective and calm during tense situations.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you are an introvert, you may question your ability to compete in our fast-paced culture. It's normal for self-doubt to creep in as you watch the more brash extroverts noisily flaunt their talents and thrive in an environment that rewards speaking up and taking action.
Courtesy of Jane Finkle
Introverts bring to the table a thoughtful presence and empower the workplace in a quieter way. Intense concentration, a highly perceptive thought process, and a readiness to observe rather than blow their own horn are some of their admirable traits. An introvert's focused, calm approach allows for deeper insights and the potential to generate productive solutions to organizational problems. And their innate curiosity often prompts introverts to ask insightful questions that can impact important business decisions.
These seven prized qualities can give introverts a competitive edge in today's head spinning, unstable workplace where building relationships, developing innovation, and providing effective problem solving are all in high demand.
2. Ability to listen
- Demand for private credit booms in 2023 as funding winter deepens
- Oppo Find N3 Flip long term review - The end game for flip smartphones
- Hiring activity for white-collar jobs dips 12% during Oct-Nov
- ED files first charge sheet against Chinese smartphone maker Vivo-India, others
- Redmi 13C 5G vs Redmi 12 5G – Battle of the budget Redmi smartphones