Facebook and Google are no longer among the 10 best places to work in the US, according to employees
- Facebook and Google have long been considered among the most desirable workplaces in the US, but both companies are absent from the annual top 10 ranking published by Glassdoor this month.
- Instead, a relatively unheard of tech company named HubSpot took the No. 1 spot in overall rankings and among tech companies.
- Both Facebook and Google are still part of the top 10 most desirable places in tech to work.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
For years, tech giants like Facebook and Google have been considered among the most desirable places to work.They're famous for lavish employee benefits, including free meals and on-site laundry, but apparently those perks aren't enough to keep the companies in the top 10 annual ranking of best places to work.
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
Both companies have hit the No. 1 spot in past years, and both have consistently placed in the top 10. Moreover, Facebook's position at No. 23 on this year's list is its lowest ever.Glassdoor's ranking is based on employees at each company, and thus the ranking is a reflection of actual Facebook and Google employees. Google occupies the No. 11 spot on this year's list.Notably, other tech giants like Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon are also absent from the 10 best places to work list.
NOW WATCH: What's going on with TikTok?
- OnePlus announces Nord N10 5G and Nord 100 affordable smartphones
- Lawyers can now travel in special Mumbai suburban trains
- Bezos vs Ambani battle: Eight questions regarding Amazon's disclosures of Future deal will be in the spotlight
- Maharashtra reduces COVID-19 test rates at private labs to ₹980
- Top stocks to watch — Mahindra Finance, Tata Motors, Airtel, DHFL, SBI, Coforge, and others