The 2019 Hong Kong protests, explained in 30 seconds
Chris McGrath/Getty Images
- Protests erupted in Hong Kong in June over a proposed extradition bill by which Hong Kong residents would be brought to mainland China to be tried.
- US companies, executives, and even cartoons have gotten involved in the protests.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
What's been happening in Hong Kong?A proposed extradition bill has led to months of protests in Hong Kong, and major US companies have been connected - most notably the NBA, Activision Blizzard, and Apple.Advertisement
Allana Akhtar contributed to this report.
Here's a 30-second explanation of what's going on:
US companies, executives, and even cartoons have gotten involved in the protestsAdvertisement
Now, here's a 5-minute explanation of the events since June, via a timeline of our past coverage:
- OnePlus Nord to feature a 105-degree secondary selfie camera
- This Indian dating app competing with the likes of Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid in India, has seen over 3 million downloads worldwide already
- Samsung bets big on 6G, expects roll out as early as 2028
- Congress removes Sachin Pilot as Deputy CM of Rajasthan and as the chief of party's state unit
- Pregnant women, beware of UTIs this monsoon