The Brex card for startups just launched a rewards program tailored to remote work - you can earn bonus points on Zoom, Slack, and food delivery
The Points Guy
Brex Corporate Card for Startupsdoesn't require a credit check or any personal guarantees. If it's your only corporate credit card, you can earn bonus points on categories like rideshares, restaurants, and travel booked through Brex.
- In response to COVID-19, Brex has released a new, alternative rewards program for cardholders. Instead of bonus points on travel-related purchases, you can earn bonus points for spending on collaboration tools like Zoom and Slack, as well as on food delivery and recurring software purchases.
- The new Brex Remote Collaboration rewards program also includes discounts with Dropbox, Zoom, Slack, and DoorDash.
- You need to select this new program instead of the standard Brex Exclusive Rewards option by contacting Brex, and it will revert back to the standard rewards program on September 30, 2020.
- Read Business Insider's list of the best small business credit cards.
Brex offers two flavors of business credit cards: the
Brex Remote Collaboration rewards program detailsIf you have the
Instead of earning bonus points on rideshares, travel booked through Brex, and restaurants, you'll earn bonus rewards in the following categories:
- 7x points on collaboration tools including Zoom, Slack, GoToMeeting.com, Gong, and Monday.com
- 3x points on food delivery through Caviar, DoorDash, Uber Eats, Grubhub, and Seamless
- 2x points on recurring software purchases (this same earning rate is offered in the other version of the Brex rewards program)
You'll earn 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.In a press release announcing Brex Remote Collaboration rewards, the company's cofounder and co-CEO Henrique Dubugras said the new program was designed to help customers adapt to changes brought about by the coronavirus outbreak. The new program's bonus categories like online collaboration tools and food delivery services are more relevant to cardholders staying close to home than the Brex Exclusive rewards program's bonus categories such as rideshares and travel booked through Brex.
How to select this new optionIt's important to note that if you have the
Other discounts and perks
In addition to different bonus categories, the new rewards program comes with the following discounts:
- 20% off an annual Zoom subscription
- 25% off 12 months of eligible Slack paid plans
- 50% off an annual Dropbox subscription
- Three months of discounts with DoorDash
- 25% off an annual Monday.com subscription
- Up to a $100,000 credit with Amazon Web Services ($5,000 for all Brex customers, and up to $100,000 in incremental credit if your company has raised $1 million at any point)
Brex Corporate Card for Startups
- More credit card coverage
- What's the best airline credit card?
- The best cash-back credit cards
- Southwest credit card review
- Best rewards credit cards
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
Please note: While the offers mentioned above are accurate at the time of publication, they're subject to change at any time and may have changed, or may no longer be available.
- Assam's coronavirus tally touches 1,100-mark with 43 new cases
- All eyes on weather as NASA, SpaceX get ready for 2nd attempt
- Russia records nearly 9,000 new virus cases
- Karnataka government adopts Coronavirus tracking platform developed by Nasscom taskforce
- Major Pakistani spy network busted in Mumbai, more arrests expected in the coming days