Reasons to wake up early, even if you hate it
- Sleeping in is one of life's great pleasures.
- But too much sleeping in makes you more likely to have a bad night's sleep, have negative thoughts during the day, and in some cases, develop depression.
- Here are some benefits to being an early bird.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
They say the early bird catches the worm.And several successful people seem to be proving that adage true, from Navy SEALs to Apple CEO Tim Cook, who famously wakes up before 4 a.m. each day.
AdvertisementFor many of us, on the other hand, there's no greater pleasure than sleeping in, staying in bed, and not getting up until you absolutely have to.
But as it turns out, there may be more merit to getting up early.If you struggle to be up with the birds and consider yourself more of a night owl, here's why you should ditch the snooze button and start getting up earlier in the morning. It might just change your life.
You'll actually give your body time to wake up before starting your day
You'll be less likely to suffer from mental illnesses like depression
It will be easier to stay upbeat
You'll be more successful — or at least in a better position to achieve
You'll improve your overall quality of sleep
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' is effective against double mutant strain found in India, says ICMR