The 50 best little luxuries in life that we often take for granted - and most of them are free
Unsplash/Kira auf der Heide
With Christmas debts looming, weather that leaves something to be desired, and the never-ending torment that is Dry January inflicting itself on many of us, it can feel like there's no joy left in anything we once loved.
To combat the January blues, Small Luxury Hotels of the World asked 2,000 Brits to pick their favourite "little luxuries" - small things that help to make their day feel a little brighter - from a list curated by the survey team.
And their choices prove that you don't have to max out your credit card or head to the pub in order to treat yourself. In fact, many of them are free.
The list contains everything from a long soak in the bath to more surprising additions, including buying a posh loaf of bread or receiving handwritten mail.
Even something as trivial as a proper cup of tea is seen as a special treat that brightens up the afternoon for many of the individuals surveyed.
Scroll down to discover life's top 50 little luxuries as chosen by Brits, ranked in descending order by popularity:
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Taj Hotels’ Qmin food delivery app claims to be the only profitable business among its peers
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn