There are only 25 women CEOs in the Fortune 500 - here's the full list
- Female Fortune 500 CEOs lead just 25 companies on the list.
- Women who are Fortune 500 CEOs include Mary Barra of General Motors, Ginni Rometty of IBM, and the newly appointed Beth Ford of Land O'Lakes.
- The women run a diverse group of companies in a wide range of fields, including technology, energy, and retail.
Women make up 58% of the American workforce, but when it comes to leadership positions at top companies, they are drastically outnumbered.
Only 25 of this year's Fortune 500 companies had women CEOs. The list includes Mary Barra of General Motors, the highest-ranking company with a woman at the helm, and Beth Ford, the newly appointed CEO of Land O'Lakes, who also became the first openly gay woman to lead a Fortune 500 company.
"It concerns me in that we can actually count how many there are, as opposed to saying there are hundreds," PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi, who will step down in October, told Fortune.
The women on the list run a diverse group of companies in a wide range of fields, ranging from technology to retail to banking.
Take a look at the women leading some of the most powerful companies in America:
Mary Barra — General Motors
Gail Boudreaux — Anthem
Ginni Rometty — IBM
Indra Nooyi — PepsiCo
Marilyn Hewson — Lockheed Martin
Safra Catz — Oracle
Phebe Novakovic — General Dynamics
Tricia Griffith — Progressive Corporation
Lynn Good — Duke Energy
Michelle Gass — Kohl's
Geisha Williams — Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Margaret Keane — Synchrony Financial
Barbara Rentler — Ross Stores
Beth Ford — Land O'Lakes
Vicki Hollub — Occidental Petroleum
Anna Manning — Reinsurance Group of America
Deanna Mulligan — Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Kathryn Marinello — Hertz Global Holdings
Mary Laschinger — Veritiv
Michele Buck — Hershey
Joey Wat — Yum China Holdings
Beth Mooney — KeyCorp
Patti Poppe — CMS Energy
Kathleen Mazzarella — Graybar Electric
Mary Dillon — Ulta Beauty
- Female African elephants evolved toward being tuskless over just a few decades as poachers sought ivory
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Reliance Industries' net profit crosses ₹15,000 crore in September quarter
- Reliance Retail's revenue has fallen short of its own record by ₹2,000 crore
- Reliance confirms JioPhone Next will be launched in time for Diwali
- SEBI approves Paytm’s $2.2 billion IPO, company explores November listing
- Indian Broadcasting & Digital Foundation re-elects K Madhavan as its President