Students in Copenhagen can pay $600 month to live in these floating shipping container dorms
If you're a student in Copenhagen, your next dorm could be on the water, quite literally.
Urban Riggers, a sustainable housing startup founded in 2013, is making floating communities of dorms available to college students at $600 a month.
The dorms, which are modular and made of low-cost shipping containers, are less grungy than you might expect. They each include a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen, which are all private. There are also common spaces - a courtyard, kayak landing, bathing platform, barbecue area, and roof terrace.
Bjarke Ingels, the renowned Danish architect whose firm has a 10% stake in Urban Riggers designed the units. The first unit (consisting of 12 dorm rooms) opened to the public on September 21.
Let's take a look inside.
- Sensex, Nifty slip for second day; FMCG, IT stocks drag
- Air India puts together 'huge financing deal' for new fleet: CEO
- Marine species including whales and dolphins under significant threat from noise pollution
- ITR filing: Your guide to Form 26AS and why you should check for TDS discrepancies
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Mount Abu