Former RBI Deputy Governors Subir Gokarn and Rakesh Mohan are leading the race for Raghuram Rajan’s post
AdvertisementIndia is waiting for its next RBI Governor with bated breaths, and amidst this wait has surfaced two names that are most likely to be the final candidates to succeed
Former Deputy Governors
While Rakesh Mohan has been with RBI earlier as well, he has also served as the secretary at the department of economic affairs and as the chief economic adviser. He also was India's executive director at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for three years from November 2012.
Subir Gokarn, on the other hand, became the executive director on the IMF board after Mohan. Prior to that, he was chief Asia-Pacific economist at Standard and Poor's.
The decision, to be taken by PM Modi, will be announced by July 15 as per a Dow Jones report.
Popular on BI
- Family Man Manoj Bajpayee bats for movie heroes who like ‘the common man’
- Gandhar Oil IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi