Subscription service Knifey sharpens your kitchen knives so you don't have to - here's how it works
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Sharpening your dull knives: You know you need to do it and that it'll make a big difference when you're prepping ingredients to cook, but you, like many other home cooks, keep putting it off.
- Knifey is a knife sharpening and exchange subscription service that takes care of this confusing, time-consuming, or expensive household chore for you.
- From $5.99 to $18.99 a month, you can enjoy the durability and sharpness of professional-grade knives without dealing with the upkeep.
Read more: The best knife sets you can buy
Not only does Knifey improve your knife quality, and relatedly, your cooking skills, it also helps underprivileged students gain a kitchen education. In partnership with an organization that helps students obtain jobs in the culinary arts, it provides knife sets to the top graduating students in each class.
Read on to learn more about how Knifey works and what to expect from this innovative service. You can visit its website to get started and receive your first set of knives.Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
First, you have a couple decisions to make. Which knife set you want, and how often do you want your knives to be sharpened?
You'll pay anywhere from $5.99 to $18.99 a month for the service.
Knifey sent me its 5 Knife Deluxe Set, which arrived safely and securely packed.
Use your new, sharp knives until the time comes to exchange them.
Your next set of newly sharpened knives comes with a return shipping label. Simply switch out your old knives and ship them back to Knifey.
- China's migrating elephant herd travels further south in Eshan county, say authorities
- Iran condemns US' seizure of website domains as an 'attempt to undermine global freedom of expression'
- North Korea rules out 'possibility of any contact' with US, according to media report
- Lessons brands can learn from the winners of Kantar's Creative Effectiveness Awards
- Guenter Butschek to step down as Tata Motors CEO and MD from June 30