'Super Smash Bros. Ultimate' just got its first major update, including a new character. Here's everything that's new
"Super Smash Bros. Ultimate"
- The first major update to 2018's smash hit Nintendo Switch game "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" arrived on Tuesday evening.
- The update adds Piranha Plant as the game's first new character.
- A variety of other changes have been made to how the game plays, which Nintendo thoroughly detailed for the first time ever.
Nintendo's biggest game of 2018 just got its first major update: "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" transitioned to version 2.0.0 on Tuesday evening in a free downloadable patch to the game.
More than just a version number change, "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" now has 75 characters with the addition of Piranha Plant in Tuesday's update. And that's just barely scratching the surface!
Here are all the changes and additions in the new update:
First and foremost: You gotta download the update.
So, what's in the update? 1. The big new character, Piranha Plant from the "Super Mario Bros." series.
Here's a look at Piranha Plant in action:
2. A few new additions to the game's single-player story.
3. One major gameplay change: Pushing both jump buttons will make you "short hop."
4. A ton of little changes to the game's many, many characters.