External Affairs minister tells Amazon to stop selling Indian flag doormats or no visa for Amazon employees
The whole Twitter tirade started after someone tagged the minister in an image where it showed Amazon selling Indian flag doormats. She wrote that Amazon must "tender unconditional apology" and withdraw the doormat products "insulting our national flag immediately." The official flag code of India states: "the Flag shall not be used as a portion of costume or uniform of any description nor shall it be embroidered or printed upon cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins or any dress material." Disrespect to the national flag is a punishable offense in India. It involves a three-year jail term and a fine or both.
Her message seems to be aimed at
- AB InBev reevaluating short, mid-term plans; seeks reduction in high tax on beer
- SGPGIMS develops RNA -based cheaper and faster test for COVID-19
- AP records single day largest spurt of 110 COVID-19 cases;
- Singapore gears up to exit circuit breaker from Monday, reports 518 new coronavirus cases
- 76 more COVID-19 cases in Rajasthan, total now 8,693