Assam to be completely fossil fuel free by 2031, says CM
Speaking at a function after inaugurating a solar plant in Assam's Udalguri district, he said: "The complete elimination of the use of petrol, diesel in Assam will happen by 2031. The electric vehicles will be used in the substitute of
According to a senior government official, Assam is looking forward to producing 50,000 MW of solar power in the future.
Also, the government has issued an order to cut down carbon emissions by 2030.
The Assam government has planned to adhere to 50 per cent electricity from solar energy in the next five years.
Another two 25 MW solar power plants are being set up in Samaguri and
"The state government is also planning to set up floating solar energy plants on lakes in the state which may produce up to 1,000 MW of energy," the Chief Minister said.
Singapore to to act tough on crypto platforms in the coming months
Two months, four airlines and 14 air safety incidents — DGCA says 'safety paramount'
- In the digital age, chivalry is both dead and alive
- India’s T20 seam bowling options have distance to cover before World Cup 2024
- High profile divorces are stories of claims and counterclaims best settled outside court
- Traffic jams, roads inundated; Heavy downpour in Chennai causes disruption to normal life
- Outgoing CM to union ministers: Bigwigs who slipped in Assembly Elections 2023