Swiggy turns five – the unicorn has gone from 6 delivery partners in 1 city to 200,000 in 290 cities
Swiggywhich turns 5 today, was one of India’s fastest startups to turn unicorn in 2018.
- The startup which also started delivering groceries, has added 240 cities just in 2019 so far.
- Swiggy claims it gets 43
biryaniorders per minute, while Subway, Domino’s, McDonald’s and Burger King lead order numbers.
In December 2018, the food delivery startup further raked up a whopping $1 billion in funding, taking up its valuation to $3.3 billion.
And the startup is also expanding its offerings moving on from just food delivery to groceries, medicines and more.
Here’s a look at the interesting facts and figures of the foodtech unicorn
Dialling up delivery
Domino’s, McDonald’s lead the numbersAdvertisement
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30