Swiggy turns five – the unicorn has gone from 6 delivery partners in 1 city to 200,000 in 290 cities
Swiggywhich turns 5 today, was one of India’s fastest startups to turn unicorn in 2018.
- The startup which also started delivering groceries, has added 240 cities just in 2019 so far.
- Swiggy claims it gets 43
biryaniorders per minute, while Subway, Domino’s, McDonald’s and Burger King lead order numbers.
In December 2018, the food delivery startup further raked up a whopping $1 billion in funding, taking up its valuation to $3.3 billion.
And the startup is also expanding its offerings moving on from just food delivery to groceries, medicines and more.
Here’s a look at the interesting facts and figures of the foodtech unicorn
Dialling up delivery
Domino’s, McDonald’s lead the numbers
Popular on BI
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- Actor James Michael Tyler, known for his role as Gunther on 'Friends,' has passed away at 59 from prostate cancer
- Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix the device while it was under warranty.
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Nobel Peace Prize winning journalist calls out Mark Zuckerberg, links Facebook to the atom bomb
- Reliance Jio lost subscribers for the first time in 10 quarters but there's good news for Mukesh Ambani in this too
- Pankaj Tripathi and Maanvi Gagroo reprise their role as Kaleen Bhaiyya and Siddhi in Amazon Prime India's Diwali campaign
- Internal documents reveal how Facebook struggled to deal with misinformation and hate speech in India