Swiggy turns five – the unicorn has gone from 6 delivery partners in 1 city to 200,000 in 290 cities
Swiggywhich turns 5 today, was one of India’s fastest startups to turn unicorn in 2018.
- The startup which also started delivering groceries, has added 240 cities just in 2019 so far.
- Swiggy claims it gets 43
biryaniorders per minute, while Subway, Domino’s, McDonald’s and Burger King lead order numbers.
In December 2018, the food delivery startup further raked up a whopping $1 billion in funding, taking up its valuation to $3.3 billion.
And the startup is also expanding its offerings moving on from just food delivery to groceries, medicines and more.
Here’s a look at the interesting facts and figures of the foodtech unicorn
Dialling up delivery
Domino’s, McDonald’s lead the numbersAdvertisement
- International flight operations to remain suspended till June 30
- Belgian Prince contracts COVID-19 after lockdown party in Spain
- Oxford University vaccine is a humanitarian cause: Indian-origin scientist
- Anti-tobacco day — Next-gen technology to help you quit smoking
- SpaceX sends 2 NASA astronauts to ISS in historic mission (2nd Ld)