Taco Bell is going on expansion spree in India — with plans to hire 20,000 people
Taco Bellwill reportedly open neary 600 more outlets in India in the next 10 years.
- The move will lead to an expansion of the workforce — employing 20,000 more people in the business.
- Presently, India has 35 Taco Bell outlets across cities.
- The food giant will also open cloud kitchens in the domestic market.
The outlets are expected to generate up to 20,000 jobs in India, according to media reports.
Yum Brands — which runs Pizza Hut, KFC and Taco Bell — has said that it will open nearly 600 Taco Bell outlets in India in the next 10 years. The move will make India the second largest Market for Taco Bell.
The hiring plans will include freshers, entry-level members, restaurant managers and store positions. Other than that, the company plans to outsource a few functionalities — supply chain management (SCM), finance and IT.
India is a “massive opportunity market” for the brand, Ankush Tuli, managing director, Taco Bell Asia-Pacific told TOI.
Talking of jobs in the restaurant industry, India hired 7.3 million people in 2018-19, according to the data by the
Presently, the US is the largest market for the food giant with over 7,000 outlets. While it has nearly 500 outlets spread across other countries — including 35 in India. Nevertheless, Taco Bell will introduce new outlets taking the score count to 600 exclusively in India in a span of 10 years, TOI reported citing Taco Bell International’s President Liz Williams.
Taco Bell was introduced in the Indian market in 2010. The move unfolds as the company signs a master franchise agreement with Burman Hospitality. The food giant will likely open cloud kitchens in India as a part of the initiative.
Carmakers in India are looking for a new breed of techies in a changing market
Indian IT major Wipro is hiring ‘new blood’ to expand its sales workforce across geographies
- Thane CP urges people to stay indoors amid COVID-19 lockdown
- Bharat Forge launches health risk monitoring system for COVID-19 SOPs
- These areas in West Bengal will be under complete lockdown from July 9
- Russian scammers are conning senior executives into giving away $2.7 million by impersonating real CEOs and lawyers
- Capital Complex SP office in Arunachal sealed after woman constable tests COVID-19 positive