Taco Bell's nutritionist reveals the healthiest menu items you can order
After a week of eating nothing but fast food, I found myself pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to eat (mostly) healthy at Taco Bell.
I had the chance to speak with Taco Bell's dietitian and product developer, Missy Nelson.
In addition to breaking down how the fast-food chain approaches nutrition, we also discussed how she eats at the chain. Here are her go-to meals at Taco Bell:
Breakfast: A Fresco-style egg taco or burrito
"I want to be sure there are different... food groups that are included.
We have eggs on the menu, so a little bit of eggs, a little bit of dairy, a little bit of pico, and then you have your carrier, so you get your grain. So, it's a nice balanced taco.
That's how I think of a balanced meal and a well-constructed meal: one that includes as many food groups as possible."
Lunch or dinner: The Cantina Power Bowl
"I might be a little biased because I developed it, but the Cantina Power Menu is great.
The reason I love the bowl is, again, it has all the food groups. It is so colorful and beautiful and has so many fresh produce options on there, you get a nice balance of hot and cold. There's a lot of nice texture involved."
Easy nutritional upgrade: Fresco-style
"The Fresco style is probably the easiest and best way that we communicate with our customers. On our mobile app, we make it really easy to order anything fresco style. It's one click and it automatically does it for you.
Our pico de gallo adds so much flavor, so you don't have to compromise."
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Google to open its new office in Pune this year, will hire cloud technology experts
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Axis Bank, Maruti Suzuki, Hero MotoCorp, SBI Card and other hot stocks on January 25
- India pays USD 29.9 million in UN regular budget assessments for 2022
- Budget Session Part I: Rajya Sabha to sit in morning, Lok Sabha in evening due to Covid restrictions
- Best 65-inch smart LED TV in India
- Budget Session Part I: Different timings for Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha in view of Covid