Take a look inside Walmart's newest health clinic that's just the start of its push into healthcare
- Walmart on Friday opened up its first Walmart Health center in Dallas, Georgia.
- The location is located next to a Walmart Supercenter, with a separate door for those looking to use the health services.
- The new clinic is the start of Walmart's ambitions to get more embedded in the healthcare industry, with plans to open another center in Calhoun, Georgia.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Walmart on Friday opened up its first Walmart Health center in Dallas, Georgia, in its latest attempt to break into the massive healthcare industry.The new centers come equipped with primary care, counseling, home care, eye and hearing exams, and dentistry.Advertisement
"We finally got to the point this past year with the right strategy, the right team, and the right timing," Slovenski said.Advertisement
Located at 3615 Marietta Hwy. in Dallas, Georgia, the Walmart Health center sits next to a Walmart Supercenter. Outside the door, a big sign lists off all the services the health center offers, including primary care, vision, dental, pharmacy, lab testing, counseling, and hearing.
The center will be staffed in partnership with local healthcare professionals so that patients can get everything from health insurance help to an X-Ray within the clinic, Walmart said Friday.Advertisement
The Supercenter also has a revamped vision center where customers can browse for new frames or get an eye exam.
Here's a look inside of the exam rooms, equipped with tools for vision screenings.Advertisement
There's a big main area where patients can wait. On the other side of the glass partition, you can see the rest of the Walmart Supercenter.
"We see these as being a crown jewel of what we want to accomplish in the physical world, in the home, and in the virtual world as well," Sean Slovenski, Walmart's president of health and wellness, told Business Insider.Advertisement
- Bank mitra robbed of cash worth Rs 3.5 lakh in Mathura
- Doctor tests positive for coronavirus in Odisha's Cuttack
- Bihar COVID toll reaches 15 as 2 migrants die; tally 2,968 with 231 fresh cases
- Fed up with living in containment zones, mob attacks police
- C'garh govt declares 95 areas as containment zones