Target is closing a dozen stores - here's the list
- Target is closing 12 stores in nine states.
- The stores are set to close in February.
- More than 6,300 store closures have been announced so far in 2017.
Target plans to close 12 stores, even as the retailer doubles down on the brick-and-mortar shopping experience.
The stores are set to shutter on February 3, the Star Tribute reported. According to a company spokesperson, the 12 Target locations across the US were chosen after "several years of decreasing profitability."
Target opened 32 stores in 2017 and plans to open 35 new locations in 2018, the Star Tribune reported. It's also making major investments in revamping stores' design, with plans to refurbish 1,000 of its 1,8000 stores by 2020.
More than 6,300 store closures have been announced so far in 2017, including 1,430 RadioShack closures and more than 800 Payless closures.
Here's where the doomed Target stores are located:
- Hastings, Minnesota
- Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- Harper Woods, Michigan (at the Eastland Mall)
- Hutchinson, Kansas
- Benton Harbor, Michigan
- Slidell, Louisiana
- Launderhill, Florida
- Matteson, Illinois
- Romeoville, Illinois
- Baltimore, Maryland (in the Mondawmin Mall)
- San Antonio, Texas (Far East location)
NOW WATCH: Here's why we call it 'Black Friday'
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World