Tata Teleservices to offer six-month maternity leave to attract more women to its workforce
AdvertisementTo attract more women to its workforce, Tata Teleservices has increased its maternity leave policy to six months of paid leave along with an additional six months of “half day half pay” option, said its Chief HRO Richa Tripathi.
A part of the
Also read: Seven months of paid leaves, flexible working hours and retrospective performance appraisal: Tata Sons’ new maternity leave policy is every working woman’s dream
"We are committed to promoting gender diversity and increasing the number of women employees," said Tripathi. However, as of now, women make up only 9.5% of the telecom company's staff, out of which about 4-5% take maternity leave annually.
Also read: Why to quit job after having a baby when you have diaper-changing rooms in the office?
The new policy also aims to increase the medical cover for women so that they can opt for IVF procedures to start a family, and as per Tripathi, they are also working on formulating a paternity leave policy.
Also read: P&G India announced six-month leave for employees who adopt kids and this has won many hearts
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- As road & rail projects gather steam, cap good companies set for a decadal growth opportunity
- Network18 group to merge TV, digital news businesses
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet