Tata Teleservices to offer six-month maternity leave to attract more women to its workforce
AdvertisementTo attract more women to its workforce, Tata Teleservices has increased its maternity leave policy to six months of paid leave along with an additional six months of “half day half pay” option, said its Chief HRO Richa Tripathi.
A part of the
Also read: Seven months of paid leaves, flexible working hours and retrospective performance appraisal: Tata Sons’ new maternity leave policy is every working woman’s dream
"We are committed to promoting gender diversity and increasing the number of women employees," said Tripathi. However, as of now, women make up only 9.5% of the telecom company's staff, out of which about 4-5% take maternity leave annually.
Also read: Why to quit job after having a baby when you have diaper-changing rooms in the office?
The new policy also aims to increase the medical cover for women so that they can opt for IVF procedures to start a family, and as per Tripathi, they are also working on formulating a paternity leave policy.
Also read: P&G India announced six-month leave for employees who adopt kids and this has won many hearts
Popular on BI
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh
- Deadly Covid variants still transmissible between species, finds study
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World