Taylor Swift casually showed up for jury duty, and people freaked out
Taylor Swift was notably absent from the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday night, and it seems that a jury duty appearance in Nashville Monday morning could be at least one reason that kept her from making it to the Madison Square Garden award show in New York City.
Swift's fellow jurors took to social media in disbelief with a string of photos and videos of the pop star on Monday morning when they spotted her doing her required public service.
My mom just causally has jury duty with Taylor SWIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/mP4RYQRh8p- Madi (@ToxicSwiftx) August 29, 2016
While it is fascinating to see a huge star like Swift taking on the humble, everyday tasks of the average American citizen, there isn't exactly an "I'm a celebrity" loophole on jury-duty forms.Celebrites have notably shown up for jury duty before, though they don't always make it far. Madonna was reportedly excused after two hours because her presence would have been a "distraction."
- Haryana suffers highest single-day spike at 302 cases; 132 from Gurgaon alone
- Businesses in APJ able to manage 64% more data: Dell report
- Apple tracks iPhones stolen from its stores during US protests
- HDFC offloads shares of HDFC Life worth over Rs 1,274 cr
- 1 killed in Maha as Cyclone Nisarga whirls past Mumbai (Roundup)