Taylor Swift was dismissed from jury duty on a sexual-assault case because of bias
But it turns out Swift was dismissed from the "aggravated rape/kidnapping case" after she told the judge she could not be an impartial juror, TMZ reports.Swift's involvement in another pending civil case of alleged sexual assault proved to be enough of a bias for the judge to dismiss the singer from a trial, which reportedly involved "a man who allegedly penetrated a woman with a broom handle after holding her at bay," according to TMZ. Advertisement
Swift's own ongoing civil case involves a radio DJ from Denver, Colorado, who "allegedly fondeled her" at a concert in 2015.
As a result of her involvement in the Colorado case, the judge agreed that Swift could not be impartial in Monday's case in Nashville, Tennessee, and she was dismissed.
- Delhi records 13,00 new COVID-19 cases
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall likely in parts of Maharashtra: IMD
- Goa to get second COVID-19 facility in Ponda, tweets CM Sawant
- Here’s a model stock portfolio for the ‘moderate’ risk-taker
- IndusInd bank acquires more than 7% stake in both Eveready and Mc Leod Russel