Taylor Swift was dismissed from jury duty on a sexual-assault case because of bias
But it turns out Swift was dismissed from the "aggravated rape/kidnapping case" after she told the judge she could not be an impartial juror, TMZ reports.Swift's involvement in another pending civil case of alleged sexual assault proved to be enough of a bias for the judge to dismiss the singer from a trial, which reportedly involved "a man who allegedly penetrated a woman with a broom handle after holding her at bay," according to TMZ.
As a result of her involvement in the Colorado case, the judge agreed that Swift could not be impartial in Monday's case in Nashville, Tennessee, and she was dismissed.
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost