Battlegrounds Mobile India is now official, but comes with several restrictions for minors
- Battlegrounds Mobile India has been officially announced – it is an India-exclusive version of popular battle royale game PUBG Mobile.
- Krafton, the game’s developers, announced that the game will come with special outfits and in-game content.
- Check out the complete details of Battlegrounds Mobile India, along with release date and download links below.
Battlegrounds Mobile India is expected to offer the same game modes such as PUBG Mobile, including battle royale, team deathmatch, war and more. The game may also have the same Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok and Vikendi maps.
The game will be available for pre-registration soon, and it can be played only in India. Krafton also announced that the game will release with exclusive in-game events like outfits and features and will have its own esports ecosystem with tournaments and leagues.
Battlegrounds Mobile India comes with specific restrictions for minors
With that said, Krafton has announced some specific restrictions for minors – those below 18 years of age. Here’s what we found:
- Minors will have to provide the phone number of their parent or guardian to play the game.
- Minors will only be able to play the game for a maximum of 3 hours a day.
- The maximum amount that can be spent in the game will be limited to ₹7,000 per day.
We should know more in this regard once the game launches officially.
Battlegrounds Mobile India – release date, downloads links and more
However, the actual release date and download links are not available right now.
The PUBG Mobile India ban timeline
PUBG Mobile was banned in September last year since Tencent, a Chinese company, held the licence for the game. The ban was a result of heightened tensions between India and China.
The Indian government banned PUBG Mobile along with over a hundred other Chinese apps and games with concern over 'sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order,’ by the Indian government.
PUBG Mobile India to relaunch as Battlegrounds Mobile India – here’s what we know so far
PUBG set for a comeback in India – to set up a local office, hire 100 employees and invest $100 million in the Indian market