Google Maps gets dark theme on its android app for users around the globe
"What do we want? Dark theme! Where do we want it? Google Maps!," Google wrote in a tweet via its Android handle.
While Google has been testing the
AdvertisementThe night mode is meant to provide "your eyes a much-needed break" and help conserve battery life.
To enable the dark theme, all you need to do is tap your profile icon in the top right corner in Google Maps, look for theme settings in the list of configuration options, and then enable the entry that activates the dark mode.
Users need to download the latest version of Android OS, that is, version 10.61.2, to access this feature.
The Google Maps in dark model features a super-dark shade of grey for the map background. The street names come in a lighter shade of grey, allowing users to easily spot the important landmarks and roads.
In addition, Google has also made available the Password Checkup feature for Android handsets.
The company said that the feature is now integrated into Android phones running Android 9 and above.
EaseMyTrip lists at 13.5% premium – but gives up some of the listing gains soon after
OnePlus 9 series specifications and features leaked – here's everything we know about the upcoming OnePlus smartphones
Moto G10 Power mobile review – big battery on a shoestring budget
Future Retail shares take a massive hit as it loses the case against Amazon in Delhi High Court
- ICSE board cancels Class 10 exams amid rising COVID-19 cases in the country
- Twitter appoints Uber's Apurva Dalal to lead its engineering efforts in India
- India registers 2,59,170 new COVID-19 cases in a day, pushing the tally to 1,53,21,089 cases
- Facebook joins the Clubhouse competitors’ list, announces Live Audio Rooms feature
- What makes Virat Kohli the most loved brand ambassador during IPL