Google Maps gets dark theme on its android app for users around the globe
"What do we want? Dark theme! Where do we want it? Google Maps!," Google wrote in a tweet via its Android handle.
While Google has been testing the
The night mode is meant to provide "your eyes a much-needed break" and help conserve battery life.
To enable the dark theme, all you need to do is tap your profile icon in the top right corner in Google Maps, look for theme settings in the list of configuration options, and then enable the entry that activates the dark mode.
Users need to download the latest version of Android OS, that is, version 10.61.2, to access this feature.
The Google Maps in dark model features a super-dark shade of grey for the map background. The street names come in a lighter shade of grey, allowing users to easily spot the important landmarks and roads.
In addition, Google has also made available the Password Checkup feature for Android handsets.
The company said that the feature is now integrated into Android phones running Android 9 and above.
EaseMyTrip lists at 13.5% premium – but gives up some of the listing gains soon after
OnePlus 9 series specifications and features leaked – here's everything we know about the upcoming OnePlus smartphones
Moto G10 Power mobile review – big battery on a shoestring budget
Future Retail shares take a massive hit as it loses the case against Amazon in Delhi High Court
Popular on BI
- 1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor