Here’s how to install Android apps on Windows 11
- Microsoft had earlier revealed that users will be able to use
Android appson Windows 11.
- However, the company did not make the feature available for its users.
- It has now made its preview available for beta testers and here’s how you can install the Android apps on your Windows 11 PC.
The beta testers who have Windows PC with Intel, AMD and Qualcomm processors can now install the Android apps directly from the Microsoft Store. Currently, the accessibility of Android apps through the Microsoft Store is limited as very few applications are available.
Also, the apps are only available through the beta channels for Windows 11 in the US. Before you proceed to install the applications on your Windows 11 PC, you will need to set the location as US. While installing, go through the prerequisites for installing the apps.
Here are the prerequisites for installing the Android apps.
- Your PC must be on Windows 11 (Build 22000.xxx series builds) and meet the hardware requirements that include 1GHz or faster processor, at least 4GB RAM, 64GB or more storage and HD display with 720p resolution and 9-inches diagonally, among others.
- You may have to enable virtualization of your PC’s BIOS/UEFI. Here’s how to do it.
- Ensure that you have Microsoft Store version 22110.1402.6.0 or higher. You can update the Store by checking for them in the Library and clicking the “Get updates” button.
- The PC must be in the beta channel and set to the US region. Here’s how you can register for the beta channel.
- Microsoft has also merged the Amazon Appstore with its own Store but to access it you must have an Amazon US account.
Install Android apps on Windows 11..
- On your Windows 11 PC, you can now open the Microsoft Store and search for the app you wish to install.
- Otherwise, you can also go to the Windows Subsystem for Android web page. Here, click on the Get button on the right side of the page. If you have installed it before, it should have the Install/Open button instead.
- Once here, the menu for Windows Subsystem for Android will show up in the Microsoft Store app.
- Now, click the Install button in the Microsoft Store app. Here, you should see an overlay menu with information about the Amazon Appstore.
- Click Next on the overlay menu of the Amazon Appstore.
- Now, click the download button that appears on the overlay menu.
- Once downloaded, click on Open Amazon Appstore.
- You will be prompted to sign in or create a new Amazon.com account.
- Once logged in, you should see a list of all the Android apps that are currently available for use on your Windows 11 PC.
- To install any application, you can just click Get under it and then press download to confirm.
- This will install that application on your PC and you can access it through the Start Menu or Windows Search.
Twitter study reveals its algorithms amplify political tweets from right-leaning users
Snapchat’s upcoming family centre feature will allow parents to see who is chatting with their teenage children
AdvertisementIntel CEO says global chip shortage will not end before 2023
Popular on BI
- With the metaverse, NFTs and DeFi on the rise, Ethereum miners rake in $2 billion in revenue — a jump of 11% over October
- Gen Bipin Rawat, his wife, and 11 others killed in chopper crash near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu
- RBI keeps lending rates intact, remains accommodative
- India remains to be ranked as the fourth most powerful country as per Asia Power Index 2021
- Although Shriram Properties has solid future prospects, Omicron may mess things in the near term