How to prevent your Instagram account from getting hacked
Hackersfind different ways to trick people and steal information.
- There are various ways to help reduce the chance of your account being hacked.
- In this article, we have listed some ways to keep your
AdvertisementHacking accounts is an increasingly common problem in today’s digital world.
To keep accounts protected and prevent hacking, Instagram has given tips and introduced security features.
There are several ways like sending links, softwares, coding and more that hackers might use to hack accounts but the common mistakes made by us can make it easy for them to gain unauthorised access to our accounts. It is important to follow certain measures that can reduce the risk of accounts being hacked.
Let's take a look at some of the ways to
- Enable two-factor authentication: Instagram has introduced this feature that keeps the account owner aware if someone tries to login into their account. Instagram has recommended Google Authenticator or Auth0 as the best-suited authentication apps to enable two-factor verification and keeping accounts safe.
- Instagram account users should keep their phone number and email address.
- Users should set a strong password using numbers, letters and special characters. Also, one should change the password regularly. Repeating passwords or using the same password for different sites should be avoided.
- Users should stay cautious about scammers and phishers as they try to peek into your personal information and convince you by tricking and sending messages or links or emails.
How to check trending hashtags on Instagram
WhatsApp double verification feature – what is it and how it works
How to transfer eSIM on your iPhone
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Workplace recognition, and not salary, is top criteria for job seekers in India: report
- Sports goods, furniture and shoes lead India’s retail growth this festive season: RAI
- ACCA and IMA: economy survey reveals the biggest ever drop in economic confidence
- India moves up one spot in global rankings for median mobile speeds: Report
- Exponent Energy raises $13 million to scale up its rapid charging points across the country