How to prevent your Instagram account from getting hacked
Hackersfind different ways to trick people and steal information.
- There are various ways to help reduce the chance of your account being hacked.
- In this article, we have listed some ways to keep your
AdvertisementHacking accounts is an increasingly common problem in today’s digital world.
To keep accounts protected and prevent hacking, Instagram has given tips and introduced security features.
There are several ways like sending links, softwares, coding and more that hackers might use to hack accounts but the common mistakes made by us can make it easy for them to gain unauthorised access to our accounts. It is important to follow certain measures that can reduce the risk of accounts being hacked.
Let's take a look at some of the ways to prevent Instagram account hacking.
- Enable two-factor authentication: Instagram has introduced this feature that keeps the account owner aware if someone tries to login into their account. Instagram has recommended Google Authenticator or Auth0 as the best-suited authentication apps to enable two-factor verification and keeping accounts safe.
- Instagram account users should keep their phone number and email address.
- Users should set a strong password using numbers, letters and special characters. Also, one should change the password regularly. Repeating passwords or using the same password for different sites should be avoided.
- Users should stay cautious about scammers and phishers as they try to peek into your personal information and convince you by tricking and sending messages or links or emails.
How to check trending hashtags on Instagram
WhatsApp double verification feature – what is it and how it works
How to transfer eSIM on your iPhone
Popular on BI
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries