DigiYatra app will use facial recognition to make airport check-ins faster - here’s how to use it
DigiYatraaims to create a common management system with digital identities.
- In the first phase, the application is operational for passengers traveling through Delhi International
Airportand Bengaluru's Kempegowda International Airport.
- The app is currently available on Google PlayStore only.
AdvertisementDelhi International Airport Ltd and Bengaluru's International Airport are India's first two selected airports to introduce a recently launched DigiYatra application.
Passengers traveling from Terminal 3 of Delhi airport can download the DigitYatra application and register to speed up their check-in time. At Bangalore International Airport, the service is operational for all domestic terminals. Currently, no rollout schedule is announced for other airports, but reports suggest it will be introduced in Pune, Vijayawada, Kolkata, Hyderabad and more by March 2023.
The app isn’t accessible to iPhone or iOS users as of now, but Android users can install it from the Play Store. However, it’s said to be available for iOS users soon.
Delhi International Airport said it's a Biometric Enabled Seamless Travel experience based on Facial Recognition technology. It aims to provide a paperless & seamless travel experience to the passengers.
If you are planning to travel from any of these two airports, register with DigiYatra to avail of the benefits. Passengers traveling will be able to enter and pass all the checkpoints with face recognition which will act as proof of identity. This means only the designated person can enter, and no additional identification documents will be required to prevent physical contact.
Also, with no physical documents required like a vaccine certificate, identity proof, ticket and more at security check, boarding, and check-in, this new service will reduce wait times and queues. The application will also send real-time notifications and updates. The DigiYatra platform will be a joint platform to monitor and manage flight details.
How to register:
- Download the DigiYatra application from Google PlayStore and App Store(when available).
- Register on the application with your name, mobile number, and email address.
- Enter the Aadhar information as per UIDAI Guidelines.
- Digi Yatra Id will be created, and passengers can use the Id while booking the ticket.
- On first travel, after generating the Id, the passenger will have to go to the registration kiosk at the airport to validate their Id.
- Aadhar verification can be done online, but other identity proofs require manual verification.
- The photo of the passenger will be reflected on the DigiYatra profile.
WhatsApp is working on a ‘login approval’ feature to help prevent hacking – here’s everything you need to know
Ola S1 electric scooter relaunched at an introductory price, electric car teased
Popular on BI
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- Google's head of mental health and wellbeing was among the 12,000 workers laid off by the tech giant
- Mercedes-Benz says it has achieved Level 3 automation, which requires less driver input, surpassing the self-driving capabilities of Tesla and other major US automakers
- Grit, tears, joy: Novak Djokovic claims his 10th Australian Open crown, moves closer to ending the GOAT debate
- Manu Kumar Jain departs from Xiaomi, nearly a decade after working for the Chinese smartphone maker
- L&T reports ₹2,553 crore Q3 net profit, sees boost from major private capex investments
- Tech Mahindra’s Q3 net profit slips 5.2% on year to ₹1,297 crore
- Rumors suggest OnePlus is testing V Fold and V Flip foldable smartphones