Instagram outage results in suspended accounts and users losing followers
- Instagram has also suspended accounts of several users for violating community guidelines.
- This comes just a few days after WhatsApp faced technical issues and was down for several hours.
AdvertisementJust a few days after popular messaging app WhatsApp was down for a few hours, another app from Meta has started facing issues. Users across the world have reported issues with Instagram, with several accounts being suspended.
Social media apps such as Twitter and Facebook have been flooded with reports by users that either their account has been suspended or they are unable to use the app.
Instagram has acknowledged the issue in a tweet, saying that they are aware about the issue and working on it.
“We're aware that some of you are having issues accessing your Instagram account. We're looking into it and apologize for the inconvenience,” Instagram said in a tweet.
Several users have received a notification from Instagram that their account has been suspended.
The notifications read – “We suspended your account on October 31, 2022.” Users have been given 30 days to disagree with the decision and request a review.
The notification reads that the account has been suspended as it “doesn’t follow our community guidelines.”
As Instagram has already confirmed that it is facing an issue, users need not worry if their account has been suspended and they have received such a notification.
Users report they have lost followers
Several users have also reported they have lost many of their followers.
From longer tweets to proper verification of users, here are some of the Twitter features we want Elon Musk to introduce
WhatsApp down – users across the world are reportedly not able to send and receive messages
Some iPhones and iPads may be vulnerable to attackers, warns India's cyber security watchdog
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- One of Two and a half men Charlie Sheen back on TV, as himself
- As road & rail projects gather steam, cap good companies set for a decadal growth opportunity
- Network18 group to merge TV, digital news businesses
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!