iPhone users complain as WhatsApp crashes randomly; issue yet to be resolved
- Initially, reports suggest that it was due to the latest
iOS update, iOS 15.2.
- Later, it was discovered that even the older version of iOS faced the issue.
AdvertisementThe issue of
Initially, it was thought that the issue could be in Apple's latest iOS update after a user reported that he faced the issue after having upgraded to iOS 15.2. However, other users noted that the crash was not specific to the latest iOS update and was experienced by older versions of the operating system as well.
WhatsApp crashing on iPhone
Although only iOS users faced this issue, the app crashes are most likely due to a bug in the application or a server issue from WhatsApp. Even the WhatsApp beta version available through Testflight has been crashing.
Nitin Gupta, head of Engineering at WhatsApp acknowledged the problem on Twitter and asked users to launch the app in Airplane mode. We have reached out to Nitin to know whether the issue has been resolved, but we are yet to hear from him at the time of filing this story.
@WABetaInfo We are on it. Thanks for reporting! Putting the app in airplane mode does seem to help mitigate.— Nitin (@nagupta) 1639524081000
WABetaInfo, which had earlier reported the issue, claims that it has now been fixed. However, until we receive an official statement from WhatsApp we cannot confirm the same.
A couple of months ago, Meta-owned apps like WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram faced a global outage for hours that cost the company billions of dollars.
2021 in space — First space tourists, leaky toilet, film shooting, and more
NASA to launch four Earth science missions in 2022 — All you need to know
Popular on BI
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- WazirX receives 1023 requests for data from law enforcement in October-March 2022
- Elon Musk was dating Amber Heard and finalizing a divorce around the time he's said to have sexually harassed a SpaceX flight attendant
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani
- Reserve Bank to pay ₹30,307 crore dividend payment to Centre for FY22