LinkedIn joins the race to launch a Clubhouse rival
- The social network for professionals has confirmed that it is working on ‘bringing audio’ to other parts of
- LinkedIn’s product is currently in the testing phase.
- The company said that the audio experiences will be connected to the users’ ‘professional identity’, which would be the LinkedIn accounts of users.
Clubhouse is an audio-chat app that is currently available only for iPhones. It is valued at $1 billion, and was co-founded by Paul Davison and Rohan Seth. It has over 8 million downloads and at the moment, users need an invitation to join the service. The company has said it is working on an Android version as well.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU“We’re doing some early tests to create a unique audio experience connected to your professional identity,”LinkedIn’s spokesperson Suzi Owens said in a statement to TechCrunch.
Advertisement“We’re looking at how we can bring audio to other parts of LinkedIn such as events and groups, to give our members even more ways to connect to their community,” Owens further added.
When launched, LinkedIn will join a long list of social media companies racing against time to ensure they incorporate Clubhouse’ functionality into their own services.
Twitter announced it is rolling out Spaces to a wider number of users, Facebook is reportedly working on a similar product as well, Spotify is working on its own take on Clubhouse, collaboration tool
According to a screenshot shared by TechCrunch, LinkedIn’s Clubhouse rival will include features like joining and leaving the room, comment reactions, and speaking requests, among other things. The layout is similar to that of the Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces apps.
Twitter ramps up roll out of 'Spaces' to take on Clubhouse
Mark Cuban says he's 'involved' with an upcoming competitor to Clubhouse, the $1 billion invite-only conversation app Silicon Valley can't get enough of
Clubhouse could finally arrive on Android and ditch invite-only joining by the summer, CEO Paul Davison said
- From cookies king Britannia to soaps titan HUL, inflation is eating profits away — so, you may have to pay even more for daily essentials
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors