Pokemon Go developer and Fold have announced a game that lets you earn Bitcoin
Niantichas announced a new game that lets you earn Bitcoins.
- The game is part of the Fold app and allows you to earn rewards every 10 minutes.
- All you need to do is click on a block that spawns near you and solve a puzzle to reveal the reward.
Niantic, the developer behind the popular game
According to the company, the game is part of the metaverse and will look identical to Pokemon Go players. However, instead of Pokemons, the game is based around cryptocurrency and users can
How to play the game
The game can only be found in the Fold app under a new “Play” tab. Once you open the Play tab, you can find blocks around you that can be tapped to reveal rewards.
The blocks spawn within a 50-foot radius of the player and a new block spawns every 10 minutes, mirroring the rate of real
The rewards in the game include Satoshis, which is the smallest unit of Bitcoin, extra spins to get rewards on the fold card, orange pills to protect you from harmful surprises in the game and time extensions to play the game for longer durations.
In addition to rewards, the game also includes surprises like the poison pill that prevents you from playing the game for an hour.
“The AR experience acts as a natural extension of the Fold App which already gives you the ability to earn bitcoin going about your daily life: buying coffee, going shopping, paying bills, and even paying your taxes. While the experience is open to anyone, Fold Cardholders can collect extra spins and rewards boosts to increase their rewards on the Fold Card,” the company said in its blog post.
The company added that the current game is just a beta and players will be able to enjoy the complete experience from next year. Users will be able to “find, trade, and hide bitcoin and other rewards throughout the world, and will also give merchants the ability to engage the community with incentives and offers.”
Advertisement“We believe bitcoin is really just a game. And, there are millions of people around the world already playing this game every day, working to acquire bitcoin through mining, trading, shilling and earning in pursuit of financial freedom,” the company added.
As India looks to rein in crypto, here's a look at how they're regulated across the world
A plot of digital land was just sold in the metaverse for $2.43 million — more than most homes in NYC and San Francisco cost
FUD takes over Indian crypto markets after government lists crypto bill for discussion
Popular on BI
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes