Spotify’s new feature wants to point Indians to the ‘top’ and ‘trending’ podcasts in India
- Spotify has launched a new in-app feature to give a boost to podcasts on its music streaming platform — top and trending podcast show lists.
- The aim of the feature is to help users navigate through Spotify’s catalogue of over one million podcasts.
- While one will give users a list of the ‘most-listened-to’ podcasts, the will have ‘of-the-moment’ trending shows.
Spotify is launching ‘trending podcasts’ and ‘top podcasts’ to help users discover content on its music streaming platform across 26 markets including India. Spotify currently has over one million podcasts in its catalogue.
View all Offers
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
The ‘top podcasts’ list will include a list of 200 podcasts ranked according to the most amount of streams — a list which will be updated everyday. The ‘trending podcasts’ list will also be updated every day but will only be a list of 50 podcasts which are growing rapidly.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
Before this, the only way to search for podcast on Spotify was through browsing through categories like True Crime, Stories, Sports & Recreation among others.
The aim of the new feature is to help Indians — who aren’t necessarily familiar with the podcast format — navigate through the many options on Spotify, the company spokesperson told Business Insider. “It’s great for users who haven’t really heard too many podcasts or are looking for a place to begin,” they said.
The lists won’t be the same in every market. In India, for example, the list will be curated as per the views and trends in the country. While one will give users a list of the ‘most-listened-to’ podcasts, the will have ‘of-the-moment’ trending shows.
Spotify has been doubling down on its podcast shows with exclusive partnerships with DC Comics and Archies Comics set to premiere in the near future.
Currently, the top podcast on Spotify is The Ranveer Show, followed by Harry Potter at Home and Bhaskar Bose.
These podcasts won’t only include Spotify originals and exclusives, but also other third-party creator content. For creators, it will help them keep tabs on if their podcasts are trending.
Archie Comics on Spotify will include content for older audiences
Spotify, Pinterest and Tinder are crashed on some IOS devices
Facebook's new robot can install a kilometre of fiber-optic cable in 1.5 hours at only $3
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them