Spotify’s new feature wants to point Indians to the ‘top’ and ‘trending’ podcasts in India
- Spotify has launched a new in-app feature to give a boost to podcasts on its music streaming platform — top and trending podcast show lists.
- The aim of the feature is to help users navigate through Spotify’s catalogue of over one million podcasts.
- While one will give users a list of the ‘most-listened-to’ podcasts, the will have ‘of-the-moment’ trending shows.
The ‘top podcasts’ list will include a list of 200 podcasts ranked according to the most amount of streams — a list which will be updated everyday. The ‘trending podcasts’ list will also be updated every day but will only be a list of 50 podcasts which are growing rapidly.
Before this, the only way to search for podcast on Spotify was through browsing through categories like True Crime, Stories, Sports & Recreation among others.
The aim of the new feature is to help Indians — who aren’t necessarily familiar with the podcast format — navigate through the many options on Spotify, the company spokesperson told Business Insider. “It’s great for users who haven’t really heard too many podcasts or are looking for a place to begin,” they said.
The lists won’t be the same in every market. In India, for example, the list will be curated as per the views and trends in the country. While one will give users a list of the ‘most-listened-to’ podcasts, the will have ‘of-the-moment’ trending shows.
Spotify has been doubling down on its podcast shows with exclusive partnerships with DC Comics and Archies Comics set to premiere in the near future.
Currently, the top podcast on Spotify is The Ranveer Show, followed by Harry Potter at Home and Bhaskar Bose.
These podcasts won’t only include Spotify originals and exclusives, but also other third-party creator content. For creators, it will help them keep tabs on if their podcasts are trending.
Archie Comics on Spotify will include content for older audiences
Spotify, Pinterest and Tinder are crashed on some IOS devices
Facebook's new robot can install a kilometre of fiber-optic cable in 1.5 hours at only $3
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost