Truecaller launches video caller ID, ghost calls, call recording and more for Android users
Truecallerhas announced new features for Android users.
- It has introduced video caller ID, ghost calls, call recording for all and more.
- Some of these features are exclusive only to its paid subscribers.
Truecaller has launched video caller ID, ghost calls, and it has made call recording widely available on its Android app. The new features are available only for Android users. There is a Truecaller app on iOS but the features are limited due to Apple’s restrictions. Now let’s take a look at all the latest Truecaller features on Android.
Video caller ID
Truecaller now lets you create a video caller ID that will appear when you make calls to your contacts who are also on the app. You can record a short selfie video from your phone or you can choose from one of Truecaller templates which are basically generic videos. The video caller ID will only show on contacts who are also on Truecaller.
Truecaller introduced call recording back in 2018 but it was exclusive only to paid users. Now all Truecaller users on Android can record calls from the app itself. You’ll have to turn this feature on by going to Settings > Accessibility, and then tap the record button from the caller ID screen that appears when you receive or make a new call.
Announce your calls
This feature is exclusive to Truecaller Premium and Gold, its paid subscription services that are available at ₹49 monthly and ₹499 annually, and ₹5,000 annually for Gold. As the name suggests, this app announces your calls so you know who’s calling you. This feature is helpful for situations where you can’t get to the phone. It’s similar to how Siri’s call announcement feature works on iPhones.
This is another feature available only for Truecaller Premium users. It lets you schedule a fake call in advance if you want to get out of certain situations. You can customise the details of the caller such as the name, number and profile picture. Truecaller also lets you choose from someone in your contact list for the fake call.
AdvertisementThis is a small update that separates the calls and messages tabs. This feature has also made a return with requests from users, according to Truecaller. It gives a cleaner look to the Truecaller app and makes it easier for users to shuffle between calls and messages.
Newly reported security lapses in MediaTek chips could allow hackers to listen to calls, company says it’s fixed
How to create custom WhatsApp stickers with the new sticker maker tool
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip has a new CEO as founder Deep Kalra moves into chief mentor role