Twitter was temporarily down for users in India
Twitter screenshot/BI India
- The social networking platform is yet to comment on what went wrong.
- Twitter's services have now resumed for certain users.
Twitter was reportedly down in several parts of the world, including India with the homepage refusing to load. Instead of showing a fresh feed of tweets, “Something went wrong, try again,” popped up as a message. The platform seems to have resumed operations for certain users. There's still no word on why there were issues for around 15 minutes to 30 minutes today evening.
Downdetector shows that there was a sudden surge in users reporting problems with Twitter at around 7:20 pm on October 1. The outage was not restricted to the web, but also to Twitter's mobile application on Android and iOS.
While users in India reporting issues, including Business Insider India’s correspondents, other parts of the world are also affected. Downdetector shows that there were over 50,000 reports of Twitter being down coming in from Japan alone. There were around 45,000 thousand complaints from the US and 13,000 from the UK.
Popular on BI
- GST Council meet: No new tax on food delivery apps Swiggy, Zomato
- SBI, Kotak Mahindra and others cut home loan rates ahead of festive season
- Virat Kohli's T20I journey as captain is better than Dhoni's
- Gen Z decoded: MTV's latest report reflects Gen Z’s behavior patterns,mindsets, habits and perceptions
- From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year