Custom Google Maps in Delhi lead the way to relief centres with shelter and food
- The Delhi government launched a custom Google Map to help residents locate
hunger relief centersacross the city.
- Lunch will be served between 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm and dinner between 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm every day.
- Since many people who really need this service may not necessarily own a phone or be familiar with
Google Maps, it’s recommended that you either guide them through the process.
To help them, the Delhi government launched a custom Google Maps platform where people can find hunger relief centres spread across the city — many of which are schools that have been turned into shelters for the needy.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
AdvertisementAccording to chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, over 500 such relief camps have been set up to help those without a place to go and no supplies to tide them through the lockdown. Each municipality should, on average, have at least two shelters.
Help anyone who is hungry and cannot buy food. Delhi Govt is providing free food to all the needy people. Share wi… https://t.co/JOgGl3TOeq— AAP (@AamAadmiParty) 1585464834000
The relief centers will serve lunch between 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm and dinner between 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm every day. Even though everyone is welcome, social distancing will be strictly followed within the shelters under the watchful eye of a nodal officer appointed by the district magistrate.
Since many of the people who really need this service may not necessarily own a phone or be familiar with Google Maps, it’s recommended that you either guide them through the process.
How to use Delhi’s Google Map of hunger relief centers
Anyone can access the map either from their laptop or mobile phones by clicking on the link shared by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) or navigating through the window above.
You can zoom in and zoom out of the map the map to find your locality and the relief centers close by. The blue pins indicated schools that have been turned into shelters and the red pins are the government-owned camps. Clicking on a pin will reveal the address of a particular shelter.
Once you’ve selected the relief center, since its a Google Map, you can also click on directions to see the best possible route to reach a particular camp.
The entire list of shelters can also be found if you tap on #DelhiHungerReliefCentre on your mobile. Tapping the arrow next to shelter homes and school list will display all the respective options. On the desktop, the tab will already be open on the left.
In Tamil Nadu, humanoid robots are set to work with Coronavirus patients in quarantine
Satellite images show how pollution levels across Europe are dropping during the Coronavirus lockdown
Coronavirus lockdown in India lets animals return to the streets — but the Malabar Civet is not one of them
- It’s not a choice between active funds or passive funds — you should have a right mix of both in your portfolio
- Glenmark Life Sciences IPO: How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- From cookies king Britannia to soaps titan HUL, inflation is eating profits away — so, you may have to pay even more for daily essentials
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021