WhatsApp advanced search will help you find your photos, videos and links in chats
- Users will also be able to secure their chat backups using a password.
According to a report by WhatsApp tracker WABetaInfo, WhatsApp Advanced Search feature is currently under development, so a release date is not available yet. In addition to this, WhatsApp is also working on another feature called Protect Backup, which will allow you to protect your chat backups with a password.
WhatsApp Advanced Search feature explained
At the moment, WhatsApp allows you to search for messages in chats. If you share a lot of photos, videos, links and other media with your friends, searching for them can be a nightmare.
WhatsApp Advanced Search will simplify this. You will be able to search for your photos, videos and other media by typing in the search box. From there, you will be able to filter the search results by photos, videos, and other categories.
You will also be able to protect your chats using a password
WhatsApp is also working on another privacy-oriented feature that will allow you to protect your chat backups using a password. Even if you end up losing access to your phone or your account, this will ensure that your chats cannot be restored by anyone else.
Disappearing messages, fake news checker also in the works
As we reported earlier, WhatsApp is developing two new features – ‘Disappearing messages’ and ‘Search message on web’.
As the name suggests, ‘Disappearing messages’ will allow you to send messages that will be automatically deleted after a specified time. Once the user turns on the feature, he will be able to choose when the messages are to be deleted from the following options – 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month and 1 year.
The ‘Search message on web’ feature is aimed at detecting fake news. When a user receives a message that has the ‘forwarded’ tag, a search icon will also be shown next to the message. When the user clicks on the search icon, they will get a message asking ‘Would you like to search this message on the web? This will upload the message to Google’.
WhatsApp to introduce disappearing messages and a fact checking option
Indian Govt launches MyGov Coronavirus helpdesk on WhatsApp to educate citizens
I tried WhatsApp’s new dark mode and now my 3 am chats don’t burn my eyes
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala