WhatsApp ‘Delete for everyone’: Everything you need to know before you delete a message
Delete for everyone allows users to delete the message that they had sent to a person or a group. The Facebook-owned messaging app has revealed some information that you need to know before using the delete message feature.
How to delete a message for everyone
To delete a message that you have sent, follow the below steps:
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat in which you want to delete the message.
- Now, long press on the message that you want to delete.
- If you want to delete multiple messages, you can select them now.
- Now, press ‘Delete’ and select ‘Delete for everyone’.
For messages to be deleted, both you and the recipient must be on the latest version of WhatsApp. This gets more complicated when you try to delete a message in a group chat as all members may not have the latest version.
Photos on iOS
As per the company, WhatsApp may not be able to delete photos sent to iOS users completely. While the media will not show up in the chat, the recipient may still be able to see them in the Photos app.
Recipient may see the message before you delete it
This is quite obvious. Even if you delete the message immediately, there is a chance that the recipient may have seen the message in his notifications. However, there’s nothing you can do to avoid this.
You will be in the dark
If you delete a message and for some reason it was not deleted from the other person’s chat, WhatsApp will not notify you of this.
As per WhatsApp the ‘Delete for everyone’ feature is available only for an hour after you have sent the message.
Now that you know everything about the delete for everyone feature, let’s see how to view messages deleted by someone else.
How to open whatsapp
How to enable two-step verification on WhatsApp
Scammers are now using WhatsApp to steal money - here’s how you can protect yourself
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30