WhatsApp plans to step up security with face unlock support on Android
According to WABetainfo, a website that tracks WhatsApp in Beta, the feature will be very helpful specifically for Pixel 4 users as the device comes without a fingerprint sensor and only supports facial recognition.
Once the feature rolls out, the "fingerprint lock" settings will be renamed to the more general "biometric lock".
AdvertisementThe settings are likely to be based on Android's BiometricPrompt API, which allows apps to use biometric unlock for authentication.
Face unlocking has already been on iOS for some time now, which makes sense given the iPhone X first introduced FaceID back in 2017.
Whatsapp is also bringing a feature like Skype and Zoom where one can join the ongoing calls even if you have missed. This means when a user is busy and can't join the video or voice call can join them later when the call is still ongoing.
WhatsApp has enabled multiple features like 'Always Mute option', a new Storage Usage UI along with accompanying tools as well as new Media Guidelines to its Android beta user base.
ISRO finds that Mars is losing its atmosphere faster than Earth, and planet-encircling dust storms are speeding up the process
Trump calls India, China and Russia ‘filthy’ while justifying exit from Paris Agreement
EXCLUSIVE: Paytm uses Jeff Bezos' secret for success — building 'two pizza' teams
- Farmers' protest: Delhi government denies permission to police to use stadiums as temporary jails
- Adani completes ₹1,300 crore acquisition of Alipurduar Transmission from Kalpataru Power
- Chaos at Tikri border as protesters clash with police
- Five patients killed after fire breaks out at ICU of COVID hospital in Gujarat, PM Modi condoles deaths
- How Adtech is helping to optimize revenue streams to monetization content for media & advertising during this age of online boom post COVID-19