WhatsApp users can now join missed or ongoing group calls midway
Photo by Dimitri Karastelev on Unsplash
- This feature will let users join a group call even after it’s started.
- WhatsApp has also changed the call info screen.
WhatsApp users will be able to join a group call even after it’s started. Previously, if one participant leaves or gets disconnected from the group call, they had to be added again. With the
The new feature will make WhatsApp group calls more convenient as users often face issues such as call drops, and users don’t have to go through the process of adding a participant again to the call. This joinable calls feature is used by other apps such as Discord,
WhatsApp has also changed the call info screen for group calls. There will be two options to either ‘ignore’ or ‘open’ the group call. Tapping on the option ‘open’ will expand the call screen showing the camera, and list of participants in the call who have joined or are yet to join. This call info screen is displayed during the ongoing call as well.
WhatsApp multi-device beta – here’s how it works and how you can get it
Popular on BI
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- Amazon is investigating its lawyers for allegedly bribing Indian government officials
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon
- 2021 Yamaha R15 V4.0, R15M, Aerox 155 launched in India — all you need to know
- Tara Sutaria to be the face of Olay India's premium skincare range