WhatsApp users can now join missed or ongoing group calls midway
Photo by Dimitri Karastelev on Unsplash
- This feature will let users join a group call even after it’s started.
- WhatsApp has also changed the call info screen.
AdvertisementWhatsApp has started rolling out a new feature that will make it easier for users to join group video calls. The feature is similar to
WhatsApp users will be able to join a group call even after it’s started. Previously, if one participant leaves or gets disconnected from the group call, they had to be added again. With the
The new feature will make WhatsApp group calls more convenient as users often face issues such as call drops, and users don’t have to go through the process of adding a participant again to the call. This joinable calls feature is used by other apps such as Discord,
WhatsApp has also changed the call info screen for group calls. There will be two options to either ‘ignore’ or ‘open’ the group call. Tapping on the option ‘open’ will expand the call screen showing the camera, and list of participants in the call who have joined or are yet to join. This call info screen is displayed during the ongoing call as well.
WhatsApp multi-device beta – here’s how it works and how you can get it
Popular on BI
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps
- Couch and Surf: What’s streaming on OTT this weekend?