Dave Goldberg reportedly died after exercising while on vacation
The 47-year-old collapsed while exercising during a vacation with his family, and efforts to revive him at the gym and at a local hospital were unsuccessful, a person close to the family told The Times on Monday. Re/code's Peter Kafka also reported the same.
His brother Robert Goldberg announced his passing in a Facebook post on Friday, but just said it was unexpected, writing the following:
It's with incredible shock and sadness that I'm letting our friends and family know that my amazing brother, Dave Goldberg, beloved husband of Sheryl Sandberg, father of two wonderful children, and son of Paula Goldberg, passed away suddenly last night.
An official cause of death is still unknown to the public. SurveyMonkey also posted the following statement:
We are deeply saddened to announce that Dave Goldberg passed away suddenly last night.
Dave's genius, courage and leadership were overshadowed only by his compassion, friendship and heart.
His greatest love was for his family. Our sympathy goes out to them and to all who were touched by this extraordinary man. We are all heartbroken.
Goldberg's brother has asked that those who knew Dave post their memories with him and photos of him to his Facebook profile in lieu of donations. So far, the tech community has mourned his loss both on and off Facebook with beautiful tributes.
- The college student who tracks Elon Musk's private jet says the Tesla CEO only seems to care about tracking planes if it affects him
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts