Apple is reportedly planning to bring macOS-like user interface to iPad
Appleis reportedly working on a laptop-like experience with macOSon iPad.
- Note that these are initial rumours based on a report.
- The Cupertino based tech giant has also been rumoured to be working on a foldable phone.
AdvertisementTech giant Apple is reportedly working to bring the macOS experience to its future iPads.
This news comes from Patently Apple, as the team had discovered on the US Patent and Trademark Office database that the tech giant was recently awarded a detachable laptop-like iPad experience, running on a macOS-like experience, reports GizmoChina.
The iPad shown off the patent is a tablet and has a hinged keyboard accessory that allows the tablet to be seamlessly mounted onto the keyboard via a specialised coupling mechanism.
The keyboard also works as a case that protects the iPad screen from external conditions, similar to what you will find on a laptop, the report said.
According to the patent illustrations, the iPad will feature a macOS-like user interface to elevate the user experience with the keyboard.
The patent also revealed that Apple Pencil can now be housed within the hinge that mounts the iPad to the keyboard. The port connection interface like USB-C will also be installed onto the hinge.
As for the camera, projectors, light and microphone, the patent revealed that Apple is going with a rather odd approach as these features are seen as additional accessories instead, which are then mounted onto the hinge if needed, and dismounted when not.
Ten less-known WhatsApp tips and tricks to make texting more exciting
Facebook is freezing hiring. Here's why, who it impacts, and when it's happening
Popular on BI
- Maha crisis: Sena calls floor test illegal and malafide
- GST on casinos, lotteries, horse races deferred as Nirmala Sitharaman
- Shiprocket is India’s most valuable gazelle, and all set to turn unicorn in 2 years, says report
- Zepto, Dunzo among the next 122 unicorns from India — here's the complete Hurun list
- BYJU's cuts 600 jobs across Toppr, WhiteHat Jr