We might see the first glimpse of Facebook and Ray-Ban’s smart glasses on September 9
- Facebook and Ray-Ban have teased upcoming smart glasses.
- The details of the smart glasses would be announced on September 9.
- The smart glasses are expected to offer point-of-view recording features.
AdvertisementRay-Ban, on its website, has teased the upcoming smart glasses that are made in collaboration with Facebook. The teaser features a banner that contains a silhouette of the glasses along with the date “09.09.2021”, which is likely to be the announcement date for the product. The banner also features a sign-up form for users to get release notification.
Along with this, Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg and its VP of AR and VR, Andrew Bosworth, have shared videos on their Facebook and Twitter account respectively, which is likely to be a teaser for the smart glasses. The teased videos feature point-of-view shots as the duo are vacationing and spending time outdoors. Andrew Bosworth’s tweet has an emoji with the sunglasses on along with the video.
https://t.co/Vun7vmuCbU— Boz (@boztank) 1630953167000
While not much is known about the smart glasses, the September 9 event is most likely to be an announcement revealing some details and maybe the launch date for the glasses. Earlier this year, Mark Zuckerberg had said that the smart glasses in partnership with Ray-Ban would be the company’s next hardware launch. He did not reveal any timeline for the launch.
As reported by The Verge, Zuckerberg talking about the glasses had said that the glasses have Ray-Ban’s iconic form factor, and they let you do some pretty neat things. The glasses from
As per the report, the smart glasses will not feature an integrated display and will not classify as an augmented reality device. They are likely to be controlled through a smartphone application. But if the teaser videos from Zuckerberg and Bosworth are about the next launch, then the smart glasses will have the point-of-view record feature that will let users capture shots from their perspective. More details about the name, launch date and its features will be known once the product is announced by Facebook.
Poco F3 GT review – a return to form for Poco
Apple's big iPhone 13 reveal event is on September 14
Popular on BI
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani