We might see the first glimpse of Facebook and Ray-Ban’s smart glasses on September 9
- Facebook and Ray-Ban have teased upcoming smart glasses.
- The details of the smart glasses would be announced on September 9.
- The smart glasses are expected to offer point-of-view recording features.
Along with this, Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg and its VP of AR and VR, Andrew Bosworth, have shared videos on their Facebook and Twitter account respectively, which is likely to be a teaser for the smart glasses. The teased videos feature point-of-view shots as the duo are vacationing and spending time outdoors. Andrew Bosworth’s tweet has an emoji with the sunglasses on along with the video.
https://t.co/Vun7vmuCbU— Boz (@boztank) 1630953167000
While not much is known about the smart glasses, the September 9 event is most likely to be an announcement revealing some details and maybe the launch date for the glasses. Earlier this year, Mark Zuckerberg had said that the smart glasses in partnership with Ray-Ban would be the company’s next hardware launch. He did not reveal any timeline for the launch.
As reported by The Verge, Zuckerberg talking about the glasses had said that the glasses have Ray-Ban’s iconic form factor, and they let you do some pretty neat things. The glasses from
As per the report, the smart glasses will not feature an integrated display and will not classify as an augmented reality device. They are likely to be controlled through a smartphone application. But if the teaser videos from Zuckerberg and Bosworth are about the next launch, then the smart glasses will have the point-of-view record feature that will let users capture shots from their perspective. More details about the name, launch date and its features will be known once the product is announced by Facebook.
Poco F3 GT review – a return to form for Poco
Apple's big iPhone 13 reveal event is on September 14
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months