Innovation Inc: Industry giants plan for a digital future
We're kicking things off a little different this week.To try to better tailor the types of stories we bring to you and guide our planning around upcoming projects, we're doing a survey of our subscribers.Advertisement
The questions are quite basic, I promise, and my hope is the whole survey takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
If you can take a moment between Zoom meetings, please fill it out here.Now to the good stuff.
The full impact of the coronavirus on corporate America is starting to come into picture as top companies report earnings for the three months through June.But while there are conflicting views over just how much IT budgets will be impacted, it appears many of the largest US firms are maintaining plans to plow forward on their digital overhauls. Google Cloud, for example, announced a slate of new customers at its recent conference. The company is working with Fox Sports to catalog its media library and use
Goldman's priorities align with those of other industry titans: A recent study found that 58% of financial services firms expect to bolster investments in interactive tools, while 54% intend to increase funding into AI-based initiatives.These are just early examples. But as the coronavirus pandemic overhauls consumer behavior and desires, many more are likely as companies rush to accelerate nearly overnight what was intended to be years-long digital journey.Advertisement
Below are a few more stories from the past few weeks that illuminate the coming surge in adoption of emerging tech.
And as always: If you're interested in receiving this biweekly newsletter and other updates from our ongoing
- The top 16 companies using artificial intelligence to revolutionize drug discovery, according to experts
- Chief innovation officers from PwC, Deloitte, KPMG, and EY share the best pivot and growth strategies they've learned over the past 4 months coaching billion-dollar businesses
- 3 reasons why Microsoft is beating out Amazon and Google to become the emerging favorite in healthcare, according to the tech chief of New York's biggest hospital system
- How PwC is using VR to shake up bias trainings and get employees to think about their hidden prejudices
- The inside story of how health IT company Cerner partnered with Salesforce to use marketing software to keep people healthy
- Byju’s vantage point – parents want online learning to continue even after schools reopen
- Here's all you need to know about COVID-19 quarantine guidelines for airline passengers in every Indian state
- COVID-19 has changed the face of marketing making it follow the pillars of empathy, trust, and necessity: Ajit Kumar, Saregama
- How to prevent a brand from ageing?
- Heavy rains in Mumbai — IMD issues red alert, government offices declare holiday