Innovation Inc: New approaches to promoting diversity and Goodyear's digital overhaul
This past week has been a difficult, but inspiring one.
Across the US, there were moving images of peaceful protests as thousands of Americans banded together to call for the country to finally take action to fix systemic inequality that has suppressed black citizens for decades.
So as local economies reopen and people return to a somewhat regular life after months of intense social distancing protocols, the "new normal" will go beyond just more room between tables in restaurants or face masks in public spaces.
We'll also continue on our mission of informing subscribers of the digital transformations under way across corporate America.
And the two don't necessarily need to be tackled separately.
As companies pivot to new technology like artificial intelligence, for example, there's an opportunity to launch or expand educational programs for minority populations to help fill the many roles needed to support that transition.
It's important to acknowledge the opportunity in digital because it's a trend that is only poised to accelerate in a post-coronavirus world.
And it's no easy feat. At Goodyear, for example, the hiring of an outside
Business Insider talked to Kramer to learn the steps he is taking to overhaul Goodyear's culture to support the adoption of new tech — like a smart tire that can help self-driving cars adjust driving behavior in certain weather conditions.
Below are a few other stories from across the newsroom that can serve as a resource for leaders crafting their own digital pivot.
As always, if you're interested in receiving this biweekly newsletter and other updates from our ongoing Innovation Inc. series, please be sure to sign up here:
- How $7.8 billion Juniper Networks is preparing for the death of the trade show: 'We're just never gonna get back to where we were'
- A top Amazon AI exec shares the 4 steps the e-commerce giant took to become a leader in adopting the advanced tech
- Robots, remote hires, and insourcing: A top UBS exec lays out how the Swiss bank is tackling the future of work
- How one stealth AI company that just raised $5 million is trying to make the workplace safer for essential employees with its facial scanning technology
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries