Twitter is working on the much-awaited edit button, here’s how it looks
- The feature is expected to be available only to Twitter Blue subscribers.
- Here’s our first look at Twitter’s upcoming edit button.
AdvertisementSocial media giant Twitter earlier this month confirmed that it is working on an edit button that will allow users to edit the tweets posted by them. This is one of the most requested features on the platform and users have been demanding it for a long time now.
Taking a dig at Musk, Twitter later posted a tweet claiming it has been working on the edit button for over a year now and it did not get the idea from a poll.
now that everyone is asking… yes, we’ve been working on an edit feature since last year!no, we didn’t get the i… https://t.co/ohmF313pZU— Twitter Comms (@TwitterComms) 1649194269000
Elon Musk recently offered to acquire Twitter for $42 billion, claiming, “Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company.”
Ahead of the launch of the edit button, a user, Alessandro Paluzzi has spotted the feature, giving us an idea about how it will work.
Once the edit button is launched, Twitter users will get an “edit” option in the three-dot menu. After clicking on the button, the user will be able to edit the text and click on “Update” to post the updated tweet.
Jane Manchun Wong, an app researcher has hinted that the edit button from Twitter may come with an immutable quality, meaning instead of editing the same tweet, Twitter will re-create the tweet with the updated content.
“Looks like Twitter’s approach to Edit Tweet is immutable, as in, instead of mutating the Tweet text within the same Tweet (same ID), it re-creates a new Tweet with the amended content, along with the list of the old Tweets prior of that edit,” Jane Manchun Wong said in a tweet.
Elon Musk says the interests of Twitter's board members are 'simply not aligned with shareholders' as the company continues its push to prevent a takeover by the billionaire
The amount of data Elon Musk would have access to if he privatized Twitter 'cannot be compared to anything that has ever existed': report
Former Reddit CEO says if Elon Musk takes over Twitter he's 'in for a world of pain' and will be 'forced to censor things' due to difficulty of enforcing free speech
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol