New YouTube video player, all interactive controls on full screen and more — here’s what’s new
- New features include Most Replayed, Video Chapters, Single Loop and more.
- Features are available across all platforms- desktop, iOS and Android.
- Upcoming experimental features will be available first to Premium subscribers through
Simply put, most replayed parts of the video will consist graph at the bottom of the player. If the graph is high, it implies that a particular video part has been replayed often. A graph can be used to find and watch those moments without scrolling through the whole video.
These features were available to YouTube Premium as beta but now are available to all YouTube users- desktop, iOS, and Android platforms.
Other handful updates to YouTube’s player
Along with these updates, YouTube rolled out support for video chapters for more platforms. The feature was earlier released for Youtube app and laptops, then in 2020 for smart TVs and gaming consoles. It allows users to jump to a specific video section or easily rewatch that section.
YouTube also added Single Loop to its player. It allows users to put a single video on an endless loop. To use this feature, the user has to select the option from the same menu where the video quality setting is available and turn on subtitles and more.
The company also highlighted the new fullscreen landscape mode. Now watching a video in fullscreen landscape mode also gives an on screen quick access to like, dislike, comment, share or add a video to a playlist.
In addition, YouTube also teased a new feature, that will allow users to search for the exact moment in a video they want to watch. Like before, it will be first available to Premium subscribers through the YouTube.com/New website.
Mastercard is launching a payment system that allows customers to pay by smiling or waving their hands at checkout
Amazon tried to postpone an investigation into a delivery drone crash because of an employee's dentist appointment
Popular on BI
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report