Amazon Echo Input Portable Smart Speaker is the first wireless speaker from the e-commerce giant
- The Echo Input Portable Smart Speaker features a 4,800mAh battery.
- It is available at an introductory price of ₹4,999.
- The speaker is available for pre-orders and will go on sale from December 18.
The Amazon Echo Input Portable Smart Speaker has been designed to deliver a hands-free experience, allowing users to use Alexa on the move. It features the same architecture as the Echo Input that was launched last year and looks similar to the existing Echo speakers.
Amazon Echo Input Portable Smart Speaker features
As per Miriam Daniel, VP of Alexa Devices, portability has been one of the most requested features in India. The Echo Input Portable Smart Speaker is designed to deliver a 360-degree audio experience to users and provides far-field voice recognition.
What sets it apart from all the existing Echo speakers is the in-built battery. It is equipped with a 4,800maAh battery that is rated to deliver up to 10 hours of music playback on a single charge. It means you no longer have to plug the device in one place and can move it from one room to another, easily.
With the new portable Amazon Echo speaker, Amazon is trying to cater to kids, who usually do not sit in one place while studying or playing.
Like other Amazon Echo devices, the Echo Input Portable Smart Speaker can be used just like any other speaker from the company. It comes with Alexa support, meaning you can play music, listen to news, get weather updates or set alarms using voice commands.
The new speaker features a four-microphone array, battery indicator with four-LED lights, a power button, physical volume buttons and a dedicated mute button that allows users to disconnect the microphones.
Amazon Echo Input Portable Smart Speaker price and availability
The Amazon Echo Input Portable Smart Speaker has been priced at ₹5,999. However, it is currently available at an introductory price of ₹4,999 and is up for pre-orders on Amazon India. The device will go on sale starting from December 18.
- Here's why Indians are searching on Google for how to make coronavirus vaccines at home
- Zomato has doubled its revenue and founder Deepinder Goyal says COVID-19 has made the company lean and mean
- Banks sanctions about Rs 1.20 lakh crore loans to MSMEs under credit guarantee scheme
- West Bengal tourism deptt reopens 10 facilities amid COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19: Pune to go on 10-day lockdown starting Jul 13