Realme sold 5.2 million phones during the festive season, thanks to massive discounts
- One of India’s newest smartphone makers
realmeclaims to have sold 5.2 million phones for the festival.
- During the
FlipkartBig Billion Day sale, the company said that it will make way for discounts worth ₹300 crore.
- According to Counterpoint statistics in Q3, 2019, realme got the 7th position in global smartphone shipments in India.
Counterpoint ranked realme as the seventh largest smartphone seller for the third quarter. But the company claims that it sold over 10 million phones during the quarter and is amongst the top 4 smartphone brands in India.
“Our 5.2 million smartphone sales figure is an actual and credible sell-out data which is different from the usual sell-in numbers, which other brands have been promoting,” said Madhav Sheth, CEO, realme India.
This growth in sales could be an effect of the deep discounts that it offered. During the Flipkart Big Billion Day sale, the company said that it will make way for discounts worth ₹300 crore.
realme 5 phone with a quad camera was sold out within 30 minutes of opening its flash sale on Flipkart in August. It sold a whopping 120,000 units.
realme is over a year old in India, and launched over 12 products – realme 1, realme 2, realme 3, realme 2 Pro, realme 3 Pro, realme U1, realme C1, realme C2, realme 3i, realme X, realme 5 and realme 5 pro.
Popular on BI
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022
- Here is what the Indian film industry can learn from gig economy firms like Zomato and Urban Company
- Cat lover? Here’s a chance to do your favourite thing for research — watch cat videos