Realme sold 5.2 million phones during the festive season, thanks to massive discounts
- One of India’s newest smartphone makers
realmeclaims to have sold 5.2 million phones for the festival.
- During the
FlipkartBig Billion Day sale, the company said that it will make way for discounts worth ₹300 crore.
- According to Counterpoint statistics in Q3, 2019, realme got the 7th position in global smartphone shipments in India.
AdvertisementRealme said that it sold over 5.2 million phones during the festival season. Its sales for the period also grew by 160% as compared to last year.
Counterpoint ranked realme as the seventh largest smartphone seller for the third quarter. But the company claims that it sold over 10 million phones during the quarter and is amongst the top 4 smartphone brands in India.
“Our 5.2 million smartphone sales figure is an actual and credible sell-out data which is different from the usual sell-in numbers, which other brands have been promoting,” said Madhav Sheth, CEO, realme India.
This growth in sales could be an effect of the deep discounts that it offered. During the Flipkart Big Billion Day sale, the company said that it will make way for discounts worth ₹300 crore.
realme 5 phone with a quad camera was sold out within 30 minutes of opening its flash sale on Flipkart in August. It sold a whopping 120,000 units.
realme is over a year old in India, and launched over 12 products – realme 1, realme 2, realme 3, realme 2 Pro, realme 3 Pro, realme U1, realme C1, realme C2, realme 3i, realme X, realme 5 and realme 5 pro.
Popular on BI
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days