Realme sold 5.2 million phones during the festive season, thanks to massive discounts
- One of India’s newest smartphone makers
realmeclaims to have sold 5.2 million phones for the festival.
- During the
FlipkartBig Billion Day sale, the company said that it will make way for discounts worth ₹300 crore.
- According to Counterpoint statistics in Q3, 2019, realme got the 7th position in global smartphone shipments in India.
Counterpoint ranked realme as the seventh largest smartphone seller for the third quarter. But the company claims that it sold over 10 million phones during the quarter and is amongst the top 4 smartphone brands in India.
“Our 5.2 million smartphone sales figure is an actual and credible sell-out data which is different from the usual sell-in numbers, which other brands have been promoting,” said Madhav Sheth, CEO, realme India.
This growth in sales could be an effect of the deep discounts that it offered. During the Flipkart Big Billion Day sale, the company said that it will make way for discounts worth ₹300 crore.
realme 5 phone with a quad camera was sold out within 30 minutes of opening its flash sale on Flipkart in August. It sold a whopping 120,000 units.
realme is over a year old in India, and launched over 12 products – realme 1, realme 2, realme 3, realme 2 Pro, realme 3 Pro, realme U1, realme C1, realme C2, realme 3i, realme X, realme 5 and realme 5 pro.
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down